Online 6-weeks workshop Foundations of Realistic Watercolor with Jennifer Littleton
February 1 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm$259
Cost for 6-week session: $205 Members, $259 Non-Members
every Monday Jan. 25, Feb. 1, Feb. 8, Feb. 22, Mar. 1, Mar. 8 from 12-2:30pm (No class Jan. 18 and Feb. 15)
The class is limited to 10 students.
Please register by 01/24/2020!
Have you always enjoyed the appearance of a realistic transparent watercolor painting with atmospheric perspective but wondered how to acheive it? In this course students will learn the fundamentals through a systematic developmental process that shows how to execute a detailed line drawing, transfer it to the watercolor paper, and practice flat washes with round and flat brushes. In addition, students will learn through discussion and demonstration how to create tints, complimentary colors, and the use of color theory. Students can anticipate ulilizing numerous practice sheets to gain mastery of these techniques. Students will then learn how to properly think through the process of beginning, developing and finishing a painting. Supply list will be provided. Though Ms. Littleton focuses on wildlife painting in her own work, the realistic techniques she teaches are applicable for all subject matter including still life, landscape, figure, portrait and marine painting. Known to deliver serious training in a fun atmosphere, come join J. M. for this entertaining course.
1. Students will know how to select an appropriate image and composition.
2. Students will be able to complete a line drawing and transfer it onto the watercolor paper.
3. Students will know how to execute a flat wash with a flat and round brush.
4. Students will be able to create light and dark values through the use of tints and complimentary colors.
5. Students will know the meaning and uses of color theory.
6. Students will enjoy creating transparent washes to create a realistic watercolor.
To register: click here