August 5 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Featured in the Thaler Gallery:Kirk McBride: Paintings Near and Far
Featured in the Galleria:Artwork by Art Adventure Camp students on display from August 5-11. Click here to see a selection of artwork online. Artwork from Artists Paint OC: Plein Air Event opening Saturday August 13 (5-8pm). Exhibit continues through September.
In the Spotlight Gallery:Lynne Browne & Terry Melius Click here to see a selection of artwork online.
Off-Site:At the Princess Royale Oceanfront, 91st St: Maggii Sarfaty (pictured). At the Coffee Beanery, 94th St: Beth Deeley. Offsite exhibits run through September 2022.
- The Princess Royale satellite gallery, 9100 Coastal Hwy., hosts the artwork of Maggii Sarfaty. Sarfaty is an impressionist painter working in oil and watercolor, capturing the coastal beauty of the Delmarva Peninsula. Born in 1965 in Baltimore Maryland, Maggii has had a lifelong love affair with art. Her artistic Mother and Grandmother encouraged her at a very early age to notice subtleties in light and color in her surroundings. Maggii studied at The Maryland Institute College of Art and began a career as a muralist, decorative painter and part time theatrical set designer. In 2015 Maggii entered her first Plein Air competition winning a prize and selling her painting right off the easel. This small success prompted an immersion into the plein air experience. The joy of painting from life in the open air has been a driving factor in her growth as an artist. Maggii is especially inspired by master impressionists, Mary Cassat, Joaquin Sorolla and Claude Monet. A special thanks goes to her good friend and mentor, Plein Air Easton alumni Diane DuBois Mullaly who invited her to paint regularly with Plein Air Painters of the Chesapeake Bay. An even bigger thanks to my husband Dave for his constant support. Maggii enjoys teaching oil and watercolor at The Academy Art Museum, The Ocean City Center for the Arts and The Dorchester Center for the Arts. She is a member of Plein Air Painters of the Chesapeake Bay, The Working Artists Forum and American Impressionist Society.
- The Coffee Beanery satellite gallery at 94th St. and Coastal Hwy. displays the works of Beth Deeley. Deeley lives in Ocean City and spends several months a year in Costa Rica with her husband Sandy and three dogs. She is a lifetime crafter and student of macrame but found weaving three years ago on the suggestion of a friend and never stopped! “I love color and nature and try to combine the two in my pieces. Each strand, each piece of fabric is a meditation or a thought or a moment in my life. It’s a meditation, a feeling of connection … to a piece. It’s therapy (for me) and probably for other people."
August 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Meet the artists, enjoy hors d’oeuvres, and see the new exhibits by a variety of local artists. FREE. All are welcome. Complimentary hors d'oeuvres sponsored by the Dunes Manor Hotel. Refreshments sponsored by PKS Investments.Featuring:
- Kirk McBride: Paintings Near and Far
- Artwork from Art Adventure Summer Camp
- Jonathan Nordstrom
- Lynne Browne & Terry Melius
- Heidi Wetzel