- This event has passed.
November 12 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
A special day set aside to celebrate the Eastern Shore. An afternoon of performances highlighting music, storytelling, and film. Plus complimentary refreshments. FREE and open to the public.
- Storytelling & music by renowned local television photographer and reporter of “Travels with Charlie,” Charles Paparella
- Film screenings by Fiona O’Brien, co-founder of Saltare in Elementis Dance Collective
- “Way of the Shore” (6 minutes) is one of four episodes in Roots: Maryland’s Nature to Nurture. A local girl works at her mother’s beach stand. As the busy season picks up, she steps up to the plate– but the ocean calls with a dream more sacred than commercial vacationing.
- “Hurricane Six” (16 minutes) tells the story through dance of the 1933 storm and its impact on Ocean City.
- Learn more about the Beach to Bay Heritage Area.
- Engage with cultural organizations from our community: Ocean City Lifesaving Station Museum, Furnace Town Historic Site, and Calvin B. Taylor House Museum.
- Community weaving project with Beth Deeley.